Thursday, January 04, 2007

4 days into it


Not much news to report here. Still no job for me. We need a new USB cord to upload pictures, that's why I am using my archived pictures here and you aren't seeing how huge and beautiful Nico is now. I am taking control of Sebastian's room and will convert one corner into a sewing space for me. I am really excited as all of my materials, notions, and tools are now organized neatly in the drawers that used to be crammed with Sebastian's junk. Besides for my own clothes and bags, another sewing project that tops the list is bonnets for babies and kids. I am also designing a shelf for Sebastian's educational materials; Jason and I are both on board in terms of homeschooling and we hope to start his classes next week. Sebastian is really excited about "school" and so am I. We need some structure in our lives. I discussed with my midwife yesterday about becoming a doula. I don't think I want to be a birth doula but a pregnancy and post-partum doula. I have been speaking with women in the office both pregnant and post-partum and the thread that ties them together is a sense of isolation. I would like to be available to women during this time in their life to ease their loneliness and apprehensions. In other news, my change in diet is going well. I like the clean, kind feeling of being a vegan. I also have been gluten-free in support of Jason so that might attribute to my sense of well-being. I also like the sense of contributing to a more peaceful world. We all must do our part. Well, that is about all. Hope all is well with you and yours. Take care.

No comments: