Sunday, November 26, 2006

Settling In




The transition to a four people household hasn't been too difficult so far. Sebastian is really good with Nico, though he is still waiting for Ingrid to arrive. Nico sleeps most of the time, even at night. I woke up with him maybe twice last night and all it took was a diaper change to get him back to sleep. When he wants to nurse he doesn't really cry, instead he emits this strange bird call, well, more like half a bird call. I was up and about hours after the birth but I won't be running any marathons anytime soon (but that would also be the case even if I hadn't just given birth). Anyway, things are going smoother than I anticipated. I bought a sling for Nico so now I am more comfortable walking around the neighborhood. Our next step is to rearrange the house, set up Sebastian's classroom, and get a regular schedule in action so that things here remain calm and mellow. In January, Jason will be starting online classes and I will be starting a part-time job so it is super important to find a rhythm that works for us. I am hoping I will work three days and Jason three and a half, that way we have equal time with the kids. Sure, we'll be busy but as long as we keep perspective and our sense of humor then all will be well. Anyway, today is a beautiful Sunday, the grandparents will be here soon, and the dishes still need to be finished. Hope everyone is doing well. Take care.

P.S. Regarding the which one is which post: The top is Nico and the bottom is Sebastian.

No comments: